|Position of Players at Snap
1. Offensive team must have at least seven players on
2. Offensive players, not on line, must be at least one
yard back at snap.
(Exception: player who takes snap.)
3. No interior lineman may move abruptly after taking or
simulating a three-point stance.
4. No player of either team may enter neutral zone
5. No player of offensive team may charge or move
abruptly, after assuming set position, in such manner as
to lead defense to believe snap has started. No player
of the defensive team within one yard of the line of
scrimmage may make an abrupt movement in an attempt to
cause the offense to false start.
6. If a player changes his eligibility, the Referee must
alert the defensive captain after player has reported to
7. All players of offensive team must be stationary at
snap, except one back who may be in motion parallel to
scrimmage line or backward (not forward).
8. After a shift or huddle all players on offensive team
must come to an absolute stop for at least one second
with no movement of hands, feet, head, or swaying of
9. Quarterbacks can be called for a false start penalty
(five yards) if their actions are judged to be an
obvious attempt to draw an opponent offside.
10. Offensive linemen are permitted to interlock legs.